Mark Aspelin, Freelance Writer
Freelance writer Mark Aspelin has a broad range of interests and experiences and enjoys writing in many genres. He specializes in creative non-fiction articles about travel and culture, health and wellness, personal development, ecotourism, and wildlife conservation.
Mark is a New Mexico-based writer known as “The New Mexico Travel Guy” and he publishes regular posts on his “New Mexico & Beyond” blog. As an avid traveler, Mark has visited over 100 countries and all 50 U.S. States, and he’s a member of the Travelers’ Century Club. His current adventure is closer to home, as he slowly chips away at his goal to visit EVERY town in New Mexico and write a story about each one. His blog can be found at www.newmexicotravelguy.com.
Outside of his blog, Mark has published articles in a variety of publications, such as the following:
- “Adventures in Kenya: Visiting the Hot Zone of Kitum Cave“, Perceptive Travel, December 2019.
- “Can businesses practice profitable conservation?“, Greenbiz, August 18, 2018.
- “When it comes to habitat, having an edge is not a good thing“, Greenbiz, August 30, 2018.
- Five Part series called “How Businesses Can Help Make Half-Earth a Reality“, E.O. Wilson Biodiversity Foundation, September – October, 2018.
Mark is also the author of two highly-rated books:
- How to Fail at Life: Lessons for the Next Generation, December 2015.
- Profitable Conservation: Business Strategies That Boost Your Bottom Line, Protect Wildlife, and Conserve Biodiversity, July 2018
Mark is available to write well-researched, accurate, and entertaining articles on assignment for editors.
He can be reached at [email protected]
Thanks for your interest!