Mark Aspelin, Freelance Writer
Freelance writer Mark Aspelin has a broad range of interests and experiences and enjoys writing in many genres. He specializes in creative non-fiction articles about travel and culture, ecotourism, wildlife conservation, health and wellness, and everything New Mexico.
Mark is a New Mexico-based writer known as “The New Mexico Travel Guy” and he publishes regular posts on his “New Mexico & Beyond” blog. As an avid traveler, Mark has visited over 100 countries and all 50 U.S. States, and he’s a member of the Travelers’ Century Club. His current adventure is closer to home, as he slowly chips away at his goal to visit EVERY town in New Mexico and write a story about each one. In case you’re wondering, there are 582 towns on his New Mexico list! His blog can be found at www.newmexicotravelguy.com.
Outside of his blog, Mark has published articles in a variety of publications, such as the following:
- “Landing in Roswell for the Annual UFO Festival“, Perceptive Travel, March 2023.
- “Adventures in Kenya: Visiting the Hot Zone of Kitum Cave“, Perceptive Travel, December 2019.
- “Can businesses practice profitable conservation?“, Greenbiz, August 18, 2018.
- “When it comes to habitat, having an edge is not a good thing“, Greenbiz, August 30, 2018.
- Five Part series called “How Businesses Can Help Make Half-Earth a Reality“, E.O. Wilson Biodiversity Foundation, September – October, 2018.
Mark is also the author of two highly-rated books:
- Profitable Conservation: Business Strategies That Boost Your Bottom Line, Protect Wildlife, and Conserve Biodiversity, July 2018
- How to Fail at Life: Lessons for the Next Generation, December 2015.
Mark is available to write well-researched, accurate, and entertaining articles on assignment for editors.
He can be reached at [email protected]
Thanks for your interest!